Brightening Concealer

Concealers Concealers Concealers



There are so many concealers to choose from today varying from creamy with fairly thick consistencies to light almost watery and fresh, or even stick concealers.  I have previously used an extremely light concealer to avoid it settling into fine lines.  I favoured the Barry M Flawless Highlighting Concealer which I still do love.  It is extremely brightening and possibly better for brightening your complexion rather than concealing.... however I wasn't sure whether I needed a little more help in actually concealing darker shadows under my eyes.

Now although I needed the help for the dark shadows I was reluctant to try anything heavy as then it would settle into fine lines and I'm seriously not sure what is worse.... dark circles or make up sitting in lines on your face.  Personally I think I'd rather have dark shadows....

However I have been experimenting with a previously loved concealer  with a fairly creamy consistency.  It seems to conceal the darkness whilst brightening at the same time.  I'm finding that it is all in the application that results in a natural skin like effect.  By applying this concealer with my fingers, tapping and pressing into the skin the creamy concealer seems to melt into the skin, concealing and brightening on its merry way!  This product is the Clarins Brightening Concealer and I am using it in shade 01.



I would definitely suggest to always apply this very lightly and carefully, it isn't a product that you can just throw onto your skin and look amazing, but with a bit of time and care you can really achieve a fresh, bright skin like finish minus any dark shadows under your eyes.

I have also been using it as a brightener / highlighter on my cheekbones and temples for a super natural highlight or a base highlight to make my shimmer highlight have even more impact.  I would definitely recommend this product if you haven't given it a try.

Alternatively if you are in a rush and need a super quick brightening concealer I would still recommend the Barry M Flawless Light Reflecting Concealer, this doesn't need as much care and attention in the application and although it won't conceal very dark shadows it will lift your complexion beautifully!


Comments