The Search Goes on for the Perfect Foundation

The Search Goes on for the Perfect Foundation



I am always always on the hunt for the most perfect foundation, bb or cc cream in the hope to achieve the glowing, fresh, bright and dewy even beautiful skin we all crave!  Or at least I crave.  So often do I think I have found the perfect foundation and either after a few weeks I find its not as fresh looking or skin like as I would hope for or the worst of the worst happens and the most perfect foundation that you have ever found gets DISCONTINUED!  The latter is literally the worst and has happened to me quite recently.

L'oreal had made the most beautiful cushion foundation; Lumi Magique Cushion Foundation, it rivalled in my mind all of the premium make up brands and their top foundations and I have honestly tried a LOT and also I am extremely fussy with the feel, finish, smell, and coverage.

The Magique Cushion Foundation really did it all.  It went on beautifully with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush, it felt cool going on to the skin.  It created a flawless dewy finish whilst at the same time letting your skin glow through the sheer but even coverage.  Needless to say I loved this product.  Slowly I noticed that this was disappearing off of the L'oreal stands!  Yes L'oreal had discontinued their best ever product!  I then emailed them and they suggested mixing their True Match Foundation with the Lumi Magique Primer (I'm guessing this is how the Magique Cushion Foundation was made)  This worked beautifully and then wait for it, yes you've guessed it!  L'oreal have gone and discontinued the Lumi Magique Primer!  Devastated was I and of course I'm now back on the hunt for the perfect foundation.

I did go back to trying a few oldies in my collection but was not satisfied with any of them until I went back to the True Match foundation by L'oreal.  Now don't get me wrong, I'm not entirely sure this is perfect however, I originally tried applying this with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush and did not like the finish at all.  (I love this brush usually)  I decided to try massaging the foundation into my skin with my fingers to see if I could get a more skin like finish, and I actually did!  So currently the recommended foundation from an extremely fussy foundation hunter, is True Match by L'oreal applied with your fingers.


To create highlights and brightness to my complexion I like to use a highlighting concealer under my eyes using the upside down triangle technique and down my  nose and between my eyebrows fanning up onto my forehead.  I also like to dot some on the outer edges of my nose and blend out onto my cheeks.  Now I needed a very light textured product for this, as anything to creamy I find will highlight the lines and just not look very skin like.  I actuallly really do think I have found the perfect product.  I love high end make up products and have used YSL Touche Eclat in the past, however I am currently LOVING the Barry M Light Reflecting Concealer.  Yes shocking, it is extremely reasonable, goes on so light so you can reapply throughout the day without it looking like you are caked in product.  It doesn't highlight lines as its so light, it brightens up my face and adds light where I want I,t giving my face a fresh bright touch!


So currently my two favourite products to create a fresh and natural even finish are the True Match by L'oreal and the Flawless Light Reflecting Concealer by Barry M







Now I am going shopping on Saturday so I will hopefully have some more suggestions!

Comments