Planning Your Style for the Day

Visualise your look before you start dressing!


This morning I had a lovely bath and was taking time to look after myself, however when I got dressed I threw on some old uncomfortable jeans that felt like they were constantly falling down, my hair needs the roots sorting and I failed to wash my hair this morning, exacerbating the bad root situation!  I noticed that I felt short tempered and just not particularly happy or able to cope with the other little annoyances that were cropping up.  When I came downstairs it wasn't tidy as I would have left it if I'd been the last one to bed, I had bundles of washing to sort out and my baby boy wouldn't go to sleep. 

Now all of those annoyances wouldn't have vanished had I taken a bit of time to think about my outfit but I do know I wouldn't have been quite as bad tempered if I felt nice in myself.  I fairly quickly realised this and changed out of the most uncomfortable jeans ever and changed my grey trop that was making me feel dreary and highlighting the fact that I hadn't had my highlights done.  Although my mood hasn't been fixed, it definitely has improved!

Take two minutes in the morning to think of how you want your overall look to be that day,  be it smart, casual or done up to the nines, just think through the whole look before you start putting it together and you will actually look a little more put together and stylish.



I love Pinterest for style inspiration.  Turns out I have a lot of the clothes shown in the styles on Pinterest.... It is just the way you put the items together.  Adding a necklace, or a scarf can make such a difference.

Comments