Variety is the Spice of Life and leads to Happiness

So whilst focusing on my own happiness project I have been noting what makes me feel happier in general life and literally stumbled upon this one.  How it came about was actually me doing the exact opposite of what I am suggesting makes you feel happier.  When I am enjoying something or working on something I become very much caught up in it / verging on obsession until the job is complete or I have overdosed on whatever I am enjoying. 

For example watching certain series on netflix.  Watching series can become addictive and if you have time, you can sit and watch one after another which is enjoyable up to a point, however when I do this for too long I have noticed I end up feeling, sluggish and lethargic and not particularly energised mentally or physically. 

Similarly if I am working on something, I tend not to want to have breaks or do anything else until the job is complete, however I find that I end up feeling particularly frustrated, which leads to feeling angry and bad tempered.

I have found if I can force myself to do a few different things throughout the day, it breaks up the day, and you enjoy each task so much more if you only do it for a shorter time.  I feel more energised, I enjoy my relaxing time so much and feel more fulfilled.  I found the most perfect quotation which beautifully describes variety being the spice of life!


I think the above says it all, it makes you feel happy just reading it

Comments