Take The Time To Do Things Properly

Don't Rush In



I think there is a film called 'Fools Rush In'  and I think this could be true in the case of tasks!  I have always been a bit slap dash and just dive into tasks, wanting to get to the finishing line quickly.  This generally leads to not the amazing results I was hoping for.  More often than not I end up feeling disappointed, frustrated, angry and upset that my time has been wasted and possibly money and also feel a bit of a failure!

Recently I was told a story very similar to the moral behind the story of the Three Little Pigs, the first little pig rushes in to build his house which he makes of straw and of course it gets blown down by the breath of the big bad wolf.  This really made me think how like the first little pig I am and how I need to take some time with several things:

Baking:
Make sure you have the right equipment and all of the ingredients instead of substituting an ingredient and ending up with a soggy mess!  Make sure you have the right sized cake tins or a sugar themometre etc

My blog:
Take time to work out how to get the print the colour you want, don't just make do.  How to prevent the picture in a post showing as a huge faded banner underneath the post.

Taking photos, filming, singing, dancing what ever it may be take time to think about things before you dive in.  You'll get better results, resulting in less frustration and a real feeling of satisfaction of what you have achieved!

I have found already just planing in my head what I might want to bake and making sure I have everything I need to do this is making me feel like its going to be a success even before I've started.





Comments